Project management for the unofficial project manger (Updated and Revised edition) Kory Kogon | Suzette Blakemore

Rating 4 out of 5

I finally finished this! It’s a very practical, digestible guide for anyone who finds themselves managing projects without having "Project Manager" in their official job title. While I’ve wrapped it up, it’s definitely a book I’ll keep on my shelf to reread specific sections as needed.

The book does a great job outlining the end-to-end framework for running a project successfully—from initial initiation to final execution. It breaks down technical project management concepts into clear, real-world behaviors and actionable steps.

My biggest takeaway was the heavy emphasis on scoping. It really highlighted how easily projects can derail when scope isn't defined thoroughly at the start. Detailed scoping is something that often gets glossed over or skipped in daily work, so this was a great reminder of why upfront clarity matters so much.
After reading this book, I start to understand why sometimes certain project felt so hard to do and I feel so motivated to start making changes to how I usually do my work so that the current project can work smoother than the previous one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Goals Review 4

Travels and Covid

End of Royal Chaos